Built by Bath Iron Works (BIW) in 1914, the Katahdin (aka “Kate”) has served the region in many different capacities throughout the years. Before roads were built, steamboats (like the Katahdin) were the pri- mary means of transportation for the region’s thriving forestry, hunting, fishing and tourism industries just as their sister steamboats were sailing up and down the coast of New Eng- land. She carried passengers, supplies and equipment to the various camps, villages and resorts that had sprung up around the lake including the famous Mt. Kineo House in Maine.
Scope of the Project
- Electrical Design & Engineering
- Main Deck AC Distribution Panel
- Engine Room DC Electrical Panel
- All new wiring throughout entire boat
- including Interior/exterior, engine room lighting.